Image Map

EASY. CHEAP. STURDY. Easter Baskets




Hey guys! It’s Katie from Little Warriors.  Ahhhhhh!!!! Almost Easter already?!?! Where has the time gone??? Seriously!!!

I have posted about these baskets before on my blog….but, they are truly my FAVORITE!!!!

Soda, pop, whatever you call it... start saving those boxes to make the cutest, most sturdy little Easter Baskets with your class!!
The first time I made these, I had been to a workshop and someone donated a great big box of these little empty soda boxes to any teacher that could think of a use for them....I was the only taker!!! Here are the baskets that I came up with:


Eventually, that first, donated supply ran out!  Where would I get more boxes???
Then, one day I was standing in line at the grocery store in the little town that I work in. I saw the soda guy taking the glass bottles out of the boxes and I ran over to him and said, "Hi! I'm a Kindergarten teacher! Ummmm....what are you going to do with those boxes???"
He said he would get me as many as I wanted!!!! Score!!!! Now, every time I go into the grocery store, they have a box of these waiting for me!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!  
(It's the little things :)


These little boxes are so, so, so simple to make! Just wrap them in white construction paper, add ears, a nose, google eyes, whiskers and a cotton tail, and you're done!! (and maybe cut out a couple of bottle separators from the inside) The best part is they are sooooo sturdy!! And, they are just the perfect size for little hands! ;)



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I love that they even have a little handle already included. Thanks for sharing!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute idea. I love how teachers are always able to reuse things in interesting ways.

    Sandra
    Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips

    ReplyDelete