Image Map

Book Study: Worksheets Don’t Grow Dendrites: Chapter 19&20

We are wrapping up the book study today! We had plans to finish a little earlier but you know how the end of the year goes :)


We are finishing up with Chapters 19&20! 


This year was the first year that we have done this Care Club where students meet once a month after school. Students painted chalkboards for a school in Kenya, sang Christmas carols at a nursing home, collected canned goods, and many other projects. It was so fun to be a part of it and to see the kids going above and beyond to help others. 

I know that in terms of my actual classroom, I need to get better with this strategy. I need to bring in more real life examples and expose my kids to more of the outside world. I think this was a step in that direction! 


Chapter 20 was all about writing..which I know looks very different in each grade level. 


I love writer's workshop in Kindergarten. Watching them grow from barely being able to write to forming letters to writing sentences. I keep various writing examples from August to May and then bind it together at the end of the year. 



I am a big fan of Lucy Calkin's Unit of Study. I do a little mix of the Units of Study and I really love Deanna and Deedee's writing units! I like to do a little mix of both. 





If you have been following along with our book study, then you can do your final link up here! 
 -Elizabeth 




No comments:

Post a Comment